cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing the Master Core of the P4080

hymalaibello
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to change the variable "Master core" in the CFG Init_core file and use this new configuration with several cores but, the core 0 does not  debugs correctly. So I would like to know if there are additional steps for changing  the master core in the platform?

Thanks!

Regards,

Hymalai Bello

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hymalai Bello,

I verified your requirement on my target to set variable master_core as other value except "0" in CodeWarrior initialization file, but I didn't find any problem? What exception did you encounter?

Please check RCW[BOOT_HO] boot holdoff mode, whether all cores are configured in hold off mode.

Options:

0 All cores except core 0 in holdoff

1 All cores in holdoff

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hymalaibello
Contributor III

Hi Yiping!

Ok, I checked  the RCW[BOOT_HO], and it is BOOT_HO=0. So all cores except core 0 are in holdoff. So, What this means? and can I do something to change it?

thanks!

Regards!

Hymalai Bello  

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hymalai,

Please set RCW[BOOT_HO] as 1 to configure all cores in holdoff.

If your problem remains, please capture a screenshot to show your exception, thanks.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos