cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the P4080DS boot from SD Card?

jamesstenquist
Contributor II

Hi,

My p4080ds is no longer booting.  I believe the nor flash is no longer working since I tried to place an image into it and it stopped booting afterwards.  I need to boot the computer from an SD card to restore the flash.  I have generated a bitbake fsl-image-core with yocto but have not found an .sdimage file.  I am assuming I need this image to boot the computer.  I have several files in the build_p4080ds/tmp/deploy/images/p4080ds that I could use but I am at a loss as to which one I need.  I have changed the local.conf file with IMAGE_FSTYPES="tar.bz2 ext3 sdcard" but am still not generating a .sdcard file.  I am using yocto 2.0.

Thank you for your help!

James

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have tested the SDK 2.0 for image building for the P4080ds board.

See attached files.

The Clipboard02.jpg file shows the QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_p4080ds/tmp/deploy/images/p4080ds folder. There is u-boot image file in this folder.

The Clipboard04.jpg file shows the messages for "bitbake fsl-image-minimal" command.

Are there error messages on your PC if "bitbake fsl-image-minimal" command is used?

Send list of the u-boot images after this command.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jamesstenquist
Contributor II

Thanks Paval,

I am not at the workstation where I have access to yocto, but I know the output of our image file looked similar to what you show in your second jpg.  I have tried following the steps here Booting to Linux from an SD Card/MMC for P4080 

without success.  Do you happen to know what .dat file to use for the boot_format tool if the boot_format tool is still used?  If not, I don't know how to get the sd u-boot and file system correctly on the sd card.

James

0 Kudos

jamesstenquist
Contributor II

Screenshot - 12232016 - 08_49_37 AM.png

0 Kudos