Basic questions about P1022

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic questions about P1022

santiagorodrig1
Contributor I

Hi. I'm planning a digital design using a P1022 and a FPGA and I have some questions.

1 - I know QorIQ processors are designed for communications applications but I will not use it for a router or similar. My project is more like "general purpose" but I need the performance of this device using < 5W of power. I'm rigth choosing this device? Is any similar device more apropiate? I'm interested in PowerPC architecture, not in ARM.

2 - In a previous design, I used a processor that ran a bare metal application based on RTEMS RTOS because my application need real time considerations. Do you know if QorIQ can run bare metal applications using a OS like RTEMS ? I-ts too dificult to do this? Because I think that is usual to use Linux with a processor like this one (no bare metal) and Linux is not RTOS.

3 - For programming and Debug I think I can use this: CWH-CTP-BASE-HE plus CWH-CTP-COP-YE am I rigth? Any other product is needed? Can I use/debug all the P1022 functions with the tools mentioned and CodeWarrior free evaluation software? Do I need to buy a particular license for CodeWarrior to develop software for this processor? (I will use PCIexpress to connect to FPGA, local bus enhanced to connect to FLASH, DDR memory controller, FPU, UARTs)

4 - Can you recommend to me any particular document to help a first design with this type of processors? I already search for nxp design guides and they are very helpfull but perhaps I missed some important document and you know the usual mistakes with first designs.

I hope you can understand my questions because my english is not very good.

Regards

SR

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Evaluation version of CodeWarrior provides all functionality during one month.

It is sole limitation of evaluation version of CodeWarrior.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
  1. The P1022 power consumption below 5W. See the Table 8 of the P1022 Datasheet:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=P1022EC&Parent_nodeId=1251753420968693004700&Parent_page...

1. We do not have information about RTEMS OS. NXP offers Linux BSP for the P1022 boards.

1. Yes, you are right. The CWH-CTP-BASE-HE plus CWH-CTP-COP-YE are needed for developing software on the P1022 board.

1. Usually customers use AN4343 (Design checklist), P1022 Datasheet and P1022 Reference Manual. Look at also the AN2582:

http://cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN2582.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=3&pageNum=1

and the AN2910:

http://cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN2910.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=2

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

santiagorodrig1
Contributor I

Thank you Pavel for your answer. The only thing that I'm not sure from question number 3 is this:

Can I use/debug all the P1022 functions with the tools mentioned and CodeWarrior free evaluation software? Do I need to buy a particular license for CodeWarrior to develop software for this processor? (I will use PCIexpress to connect to FPGA, local bus enhanced to connect to FLASH, DDR memory controller, FPU, UARTs)

And one question more: Is there a layout example of a board with P1013 or P1022? I found layout data of two boards but with processors T1040 and T4240 but none with P series.

Perhaps you can solve this questions Pavel.

Regards

SR

0 Kudos

santiagorodrig1
Contributor I

Hi. Nobody from NXP that can help me with my questions? Thanks

SR

0 Kudos