Bare board development on P1010/P1014

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare board development on P1010/P1014

ljp93105
Contributor I

Am I the only one doing bare board development on the P1010/P1014 platform?

It seems that all the Freescale documentation is assuming that customers develop their applications as user-mode programs to run under Linux, and the only bare-board program in sight is U-boot, which seems to be licensed on terms that do not allow me to take code snippets and integrate them in my proprietary software.

My project intends to reuse a code base that we developed under a proprietary RTOS in a Power-QUICC I (MPC860 and MPC885) environment and so the first order of business is to port the RTOS and our own boot code. I am surprised how little support there seems to be for this -- or maybe I just do not know where to look.

All responses are welcome.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can look at libos (see Freescale Public GIT), and our hypervisor as an example project that uses libos.  These are 2-clause-BSD licensed.  Libos supports e500v2.  The hypervisor has things that are e500mc-specific, but it still might be a helpful example.  This is standalone code in that it doesn't run under Linux, though it still needs a bootloader.  U-Boot is the boot software we support, though we can try to answer any questions you may have in porting your own boot software.

0 Kudos