ADT and Eclipse for Application development in SDKv1.7

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT and Eclipse for Application development in SDKv1.7

hammadnayeem
Contributor II

Pls tell how to use ADT and Eclipse for Application development in SDKv1.7 for QorIQ P2020RDB-PCA. Also tell steps for setup of Eclipse and ADT.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Hammad Nayeem,

There are several methods to install the ADT and toolchains: Use the ADT installer script, use and existing toolchain or use the toolchain from within the Build Directory.  The first one is the recommended way.

And developer needs to source the cross-toolchain environment setup script before using a toolchain.

After that you could use the toolchain outside of the OpenEmbedded build environment on both Autotools-based projects and Makefile-based projects.

You could find details information in Yocto Project Application Developer's Guide:

Yocto Project Application Developer's Guide

To develop within the Eclipse IDE, you need to do the following:

1. Install the optimal version of the Eclipse IDE.

2. Configure the Eclipse IDE.

3. Install the Eclipse Yocto Plug-in.

4. Configure the Eclipse Yocto Plug-in.

See this in Yocto Project Development Manual:

Yocto Project Development Manual

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

erkanaltan
Contributor II

Hi Lunmin,

I need help with configuring the adt_installer.conf file.   My goal is to build the ADT for i.MX6 Dual,  based on Yocto 1.8.

I have many questions about this but, before I start,  do you have a adt_installer.conf file that is working so I can compare it with mine ?

Thanks,

Erkan

0 Kudos