cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using pulse signal for gate triggering

MohMor
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to implement AFIC10275n. BUT I have a question about gate triggering. considering that the RF input signal is a pulse signal, did you use a pulse signal for gate triggering OR you you use a constant DC signal for pulse triggering (I think in fully DC triggering, losses can overheat the IC and as the result, can ruin that) ?
if you use an pulse signal for gate triggering, please give the related documentations.

best regards

thank you

Labels (1)
  • RF

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you.

Do you mean the Gate--Source Voltage? You may use a constant DC signal. Please review the Table 5 from datasheet for further information.

diazmarin09_0-1656015541654.png

I do recommend using the AFIC10275N design as a reference for your project.

Please let me know if you have any comment. I hope this information will be useful for you.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

MohMor
Contributor III

Hello  @diazmarin09 ,

thank you for your answer. I have studied datasheet very well. but as you know, RF signal will be sent in 10% duty cycle. so, in order to reduce the heat and the size of heat sink, we thought of applying pulse signal to gate of both stages ( and to their drains if needed, as well). in this way, at the time of absence of RF signal, our circuit does not consume power. didn't you use this method? 

best regards,

thank you

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Indeed, this transistor has been designed for pulsed operation. It's parameters are provided 10% pulse signal.

Are you planning to supply the device (VGS1/2) with a pulse signal?

Have you tried to simulate the device using the ADS model (you can download it from the webpage)?

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

MohMor
Contributor III

Hi @diazmarin09 ,

yes. you understand what I mean exactly. but, when I want to do transient simulation, the error in the following link arises:

Re: Error while adding AFIC10275n MODEL to ADS - NXP Community

best regards,

thank you

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great. 

Could you please review the community post (that you mentioned above) again? They replied with useful information that might be useful for you. 

Regards,

David 

0 Kudos