cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

required AFT09MS007N_350-470MHz_ board_S-parameter curves

RA_RA
Contributor II

Dear all,

I have fabricated & assembled a 350-470MHz evaluation PA card based on AFT09MS007N device. This PCB layout & components are same as given in the reference design application note "AFT09MS007N UHF Power Amplifier for PMR.pdf".

This assembled PA card is showing Input return loss (IRL or S11) of around -2.5dB & Output return loss (ORL or S22) of -2dB across the band. I tried to improve these values by tuning the capacitors & inductors but did not get success.

Gain profile is similar as given in the datasheet for 350 to 470MHz.

Recently I have simulated this same layout using AWR V-12 software, in simulations also IRL and ORL curves are nearly same as I am getting in VNA (vector network analyzer).

Kindly share the S-parameter curves of this 350 to 470MHz PA card for reference.

My requirement is to tune this device for 390MHz to 480MHz frequency band. Is it possible to get S11 better than -10dB & S22  of -5dB by tuning the same board ?

Regards,

Rajan

Labels (1)
  • RF

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

RA_RA
Contributor II

Thanks for sharing S-parameter files.

Regards,

Rajan

0 Kudos

donnavigneri
Contributor III

Hi Rajan,

The S-parameters are posted on each product's page; however, this product did not have the file posted. I sent the document and it has been posted on the product page. I apologize for the inconvenience!

AFT09MS007N|7 W CW, 136-941 MHz, 7.5 V|NXP

Best regards,

Donna Vigneri

NXP RF Power

0 Kudos

languer
Contributor II

Rajan, out of curiosity; does your layout matches the layout presented on the App Note. The app note clearly describes/defines the layout, and also mentions that the input return loss (in particular) is very sensitive to the layout. You could even look at the DXF files they offer to make sure your layout matches. You mention that your AWR model matches the results you measured. I would then be looking at making sure you have a layout that matches the one provided on the App Note. I am currently working with the AFT05MS003, and I will say the agreement between the AWR model using the PDK and the measured results was pretty good. And I was happily surprised at the low noise figure I was able to obtain.

RA_RA
Contributor II

Dear NXP design team

Kindly give your valuable comments on the same.  At least share your test results(s-parameter) for the same 350 to 470Mhz board.

Regards,

Rajan

0 Kudos