cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mkm34z256vlq7

Saidev
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently working on MKM34z256 MCU. I'm also interfacing MCP2518Fd CAN for that and I'm getting output also. The issue here is when I implement the CAN driver in my application program on debug it is quite running good but once I power off and On the board the board is not working.

Note : My application is running separately fine.

I can't find where the issue will be.

please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Saidev 

I hope you are doing fine!

Are you implementing debug by Semihost ? Semihost is not recommended without a debug session, because it could produce a fault. 

Could you provide more details on your CAN driver or how debug is  done on your side?

All the best, 

Diego.

0 Kudos

Saidev
Contributor II

Yes , When I created project I got semi host along the source file. How to proceed without Semi host?.

I'm using MCP2518FD can driver only. 

In debug mode I just placed CAN initialization and CAN Tx functions. 

As per my application initially my display should show some logo and welcome. Without implementing CAN functions it works fine. After Implementing not even the backlight led is ON.

While doing step by step debug in transmit function at a certain line the debug shows handler issue.

But when doing step by step debug in separate all works good no handler issues.

And I tried to minimize my code whether any size problem. some how CAN is working along with my application.

But I need the removed codes from my application.

So is there any size issue or any flash issue. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Saidev 

Thank you for your reply. 

I understand that even in the debug mode, with Semihost,  your application (with CAN integrated ) fails. 

Semihost could also cause interference with applications interrupt handlers. (16.4.4 Important notes about using Semihosting)

Depending on the IDE, there is way to switch from a Semihost to UART based debug, if you are still requiring to use the Printf(). In the MCUXpresso IDE this can be done in Quick Settings>>SDK Debug console. Otherwise, I would recommend to manually remove Semihost library calls.

Additionally, I would recommend to avoid at this moment any compiler optimization (if is actually done ) and check results without it, this to discard  optimization problems.

Let me know if there is something else we should check.

All the best,

Diego.

0 Kudos