ls1046 l2fwd program can not receive another Ethernet packets excepted IP packet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls1046 l2fwd program can not receive another Ethernet packets excepted IP packet

BigOrangecat
Contributor II

I try to run the l2fwd program in ls1046 board, but it can not receive another Ethernet pakets excepted IP packet. I read the LSDK 18.06 reference manual, if user want to receive another packets, he or she should create xml file to define the polices, else the packet will be treated as default_dist19, and be discarded finally. If I want to receive the EtherCAT or Profinet packet, should I create a new xml file to define the polices of the two protocols. Can I change the default policy to receive all the packets instead of creating new file? What's more, I find the xml file has defined the policy of ARP packet, but I also can not receive it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The policy file you attached does exactly what you want: enqueues all frames to a single receive queue. With the default BSP configuration file, it establishes one-to-one mapping between the interface and the Rx queue. The only requirement is that the frame is a valid IEEE 802.3 frame. Whatever else is the responsibility of the software handling that queue.

More details on the format of FMC configuration and policy files can be found in your BSP Manual, Sections 8.2.6.10, 8.2.6.11

Best Regards,
Platon

0 Kudos

BigOrangecat
Contributor II

Thank you, I had solved this problem by updating the xml files.

0 Kudos