iMX31 - unable to apply patch (patch-redboot-200712-base.bz2 to ecos_20050912.tar.gz

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX31 - unable to apply patch (patch-redboot-200712-base.bz2 to ecos_20050912.tar.gz

sanjeevgt
Contributor I
 I have installed imx31-ads-20070511-rel4-ltib.iso on Linux PC (fedora Core 6) and i am having problems with installing redboot source code for imx31ADS.

I have followed all instructions as per the redboot user guide pdf and while applying
patch-redboot-200712-base.bz2 to untarred ecos_20050912 source code, the patch fails for some files.

Let me know is there any thing i need to take care while installing redboot for imx31ADS on linux Host PC.

Earlier i tried with rel3 and i got the same problem.

Please suggest.

Is it that i need apply the rej patch manually or is there any other patch for the base that will work on ecos

Thanks

Sanjeev

--
Alban Edit: Please always include FSL Part Number in Message Subject line. This is not optional, especially in this board.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-09-11 09:15 PM
0 Kudos
2 Replies

fhuang
Contributor I
I used patch-redboot-200617-base and patch-redboot-200617-mx31 with the base ecos_20050912.tar.gz and works with the imx31ads.

Fred
0 Kudos

siva2fs
Contributor I
hi.
      We are working with Ecos configuration tool for the compilation of the ecos_20050912.tar.gz and when we try to patch it, the base patch has given some error so we have manually patched it, whereas the redboot patch has been patched successfully using patch command,But after the compilation when we try to port redboot.bin to our custom board some of the macros in the hal_platform_setup.h file are missing in the initial execution of the bootloader. Can you suggest wat may be the issue, is there any conflict or package missing in the configuration file. where we have to check for the compilation configuration package information and please give us a suggestion how to proceed.

Thanks in advance
Best regards,
Sivakumar.R.J
0 Kudos