debug port (UART2) is not working in IMX6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug port (UART2) is not working in IMX6

shivajiyannaboina_tfs
Contributor I

I was using IMX6(MCIMX6Q7) in my custom board, I am configured UART2 as my debug port, able to see u-boot and Kernel logs here.

Recently to check current fluctuation in my board, I am disabled the other peripherals Touch (I2C) and RTC(I2C) in my source code and with these changes I was tested my custom board, 

Whenever I tested this image on my board, I observed that the Debug port is not working, I am not sure, why it is not working.

Can you please suggest me what could be the reason for that.  

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which version of BSP are you using?

You may double check the pin mux setting in your board's device tree file.

Debug port is not working? is there any output when u-boot is up? 

FYI.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/I-want-to-change-the-console-port/m-p/945689

0 Kudos

shivajiyannaboina_tfs
Contributor I

Hi,

Initially I was able see the uboot and Kernel logs and I was able to do all my peripherals testing (TOUCH and RTC, LED Driver) on I2c Interface.

while doing current fluctuation testing, to identify which driver causing the current fluctuation, I supposed to disable the Touch and RTC driver in device tree, after disabling this, I was created Image and run on my custom board, from that point I am unable to see the logs in my debug port (UART2).

Which version of BSP are you using?
 - Not sure, it is using from legacy product 

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

So, if you enable the Touch and RTC in device tree again, is the log from debug port come out again?

0 Kudos

shivajiyannaboina_tfs
Contributor I

No,
After Enabling Touch and RTC in device tree, not getting any log in debug port, actually this was my main problem.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

De you have the backup of your original source code?

maybe you changed some code in device tree or loading the wrong u-boot by mistake? I think at least the u-boot could output the log from the debug port when boot up. maybe you could re-build the u-boot that support the debug port at uart2.

0 Kudos

shivajiyannaboina_tfs
Contributor I

Right now, I am using the Final images of uboot & Kernel which we finalized 6 months ago.
we were performed all tests with these images, but not getting any uboot & kernel logs now,

my suspect is there any chance, my debug port (Uart2) is damaged after the Iteration I tried by disabling the Touch & RTC  

0 Kudos