cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clrc663 rfid tag reading problem

fw02
Contributor II

Dear all,

We are using CLRC663 plus connected externally with the MCU over UART. Our requirement is to detect three RFID tags simultaneously. We can successfully detect the two cards simultaneously. 

Issue - 1:-       When we are taking the three RFID tags in front of the clrc663 reader the collision flag doesn't set.So it                             creates problems in detecting three cards simultaneously.

Issue - 2:-       I have placed the RFID tags detection routine in polling. So it continuously sends request to RFID tags 

Our requirement is like our RFID tags should be detected only once even though our detection routine is                        in polling. 

Labels (1)
  • RF

0 Kudos
4 Replies

fw02
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply,

Actually CLRC663 eval board uses the NXP reader library and we are not using NXP reader library.

Our MCU is different and MCU and CLRC663 reader interfacing is over UART so we have made separate

code without using NXP reader library. In our code, we are facing problem in three cards detection simultaneously.

Actually the problem is like that when we put three cards in front of CLRC663 reader, first time collision flag doesn't set

and it detects one card randomly from the three cards and then it detects three cards simultaneously. Every time this happens and we didn't find any solution from datasheet and anywhere.  

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I would kindly recommend to test this with our library to discard that the CLRC663 is damaged, you will need to check the anti collision procedure in your library and that it is according to the ISO 14443-3.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

fw02
Contributor II

Thank you very much jonathan for your reply.

Now i can successfully read the three RFID tags simultaneously using HALT procedure and it works without any problem.

Now i want to ask one more thing about stand by mode of CLRC663 plus. I have set the stand by flag in command reg as per mentioned in data sheet. Still it consumes around 260 micro amps in stand by mode. I want to reduce more current because our application is battery operated and we want long battery life. Kindly give me  some suggestion to properly enter into the stand by mode.

Thank you.  

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Hasmukh Prajapati,

Hope youa re doing great, can you confirm which tags are you using also if you have an evaluation board from NXP to test if this happens too in the eval board, please let me know this information.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos