Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless in country applications

Jump to solution
luiseduardolope
Contributor I

HI,

I would like a help about which wireless solution is the best to make a project in the country. I need at least 1 mile distance and also really cheap.

I was looking at the MC12311 is it adequate to use?

Tags (2)
1 Solution
AlanCollins
Contributor V

MC12311 is indeed a very good option. This is a cost effective SubGHz radio with powerful range capabilities using internal power boost to get up to +17dBm pwr output. You can use the SMAC software stack for point-to-point or start network communications. If you need a more robust network sw stack, you may build it on top of SMAC, or else choose one of our third parties that have already developed 6LowPan / IPv6 based SW stacks.

Sub-GHz radios are recommended for Neighborhood Area Networks and "last mile" communications. 

I recommend you to learn more about this device in the following webpage: Connectivity Sub-1 GHz Wireless Solutions By Freescale  

Freescale also offer 2.4GHz radios (802.15.4 complaint), which are recommended for Home Area Networks using networks protocols like ZigBee, RF4CE, and others. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AlanCollins
Contributor V

MC12311 is indeed a very good option. This is a cost effective SubGHz radio with powerful range capabilities using internal power boost to get up to +17dBm pwr output. You can use the SMAC software stack for point-to-point or start network communications. If you need a more robust network sw stack, you may build it on top of SMAC, or else choose one of our third parties that have already developed 6LowPan / IPv6 based SW stacks.

Sub-GHz radios are recommended for Neighborhood Area Networks and "last mile" communications. 

I recommend you to learn more about this device in the following webpage: Connectivity Sub-1 GHz Wireless Solutions By Freescale  

Freescale also offer 2.4GHz radios (802.15.4 complaint), which are recommended for Home Area Networks using networks protocols like ZigBee, RF4CE, and others.