Where is the rest of the MPC5121e documentation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the rest of the MPC5121e documentation?

TorinWalker
Contributor I
Does anyone know where to find information on the MPC5121e beyond the fact sheet and Early Reference Manual? I want to design a product based on this chip, but it's a little difficult without the little things... like pinouts.

I'm after device pinouts, reference designs, schematics, layout guidelines, and other useful information. If anyone has an idea where this can be found, I'd appreciate it. I have a call into support, but its state has changed to IN_LIMBO. I doub't anything will come of it.

I hope this isn't one of those unfortunate situations again where unless a guy has $$$ to spend, he'll have to wait until the chip has been superceded by an even better one before getting his hands on detailed docs.

Incidentally, a question for those of you with the Developer's Reference Board Package for this chip: It contains schematics for the board, right? Is the schematic detail a condfidential document, covered by NDAs, and whatnot? Put another way, would Freescale have a problem with anyone emailing the schematics and other useful documentation to me at my very private and confidential email address, torinwalker -a-t- gmail.com?

Torin...

Message Edited by Torin Walker on 2008-03-18 05:22 PM

Message Edited by Torin Walker on 2008-03-18 05:23 PM

Message Edited by Torin Walker on 2008-03-18 05:24 PM
0 Kudos
2 Replies

martin_z
Contributor I
I 'll use this chip. I get infomation. welcome to discuss
0 Kudos

Viper
Contributor I
I concur the Freescale support is very strange, I think they are struggling to come up to speed.
The user manual and datasheets are still riddled with errors.
The software Linux BSP is even worse, but improving as we go.

We have had some concerence calls with FAEs in the US, which was very encouraging early on.
Since then it has been somewhat mixed.

I have received some information, but now as we push them they say as we are not a large customer we need to submit support enquires via the online service.

I have been trying the get the Freescale schematics on their internal evaluation kits, but they refuse them. They are also refusing to check my design.

We have signed an agreement with STx and have the schematics of their development board.
They are very helpful, but to get level 2 support we need to pay them, which is fare enough for a 3rd party vendor.
0 Kudos