What is the pros and cons of Galvanic Isolated CAN Transceiver TJA1052i?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the pros and cons of Galvanic Isolated CAN Transceiver TJA1052i?

Jump to solution
najongmin
Contributor III

We are designing a HV BMS for industrial machine.

Some Machine manufacturers require the isolated CAN Transceiver such as TJA1052i.

So I investigated TJA1052i and I thought that TJA1052i has better performance and electrical characteristics than TJA104x.

But It is more expensive than others. I think It is only cons of TJA1052i.

Is it right?

Please let me know, Whether There is other cons or not.

Best Regards 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jongmin,

The TJA1052i isolated high-speed CAN transceiver improves communication and safety by integrating galvanic isolation between the CAN-protocol controller-side and the physical wires of the CAN network.

The benefits are high fault protection and isolation to ensure robust communication. The isolator uses proprietary capacitive isolation technology to transmit and receive CAN signals. This solution incorporates the advantages of low current consumption, short processing times and stable pulse widths. It enables more reliable data communications in noisy environments, such as high-voltage battery management systems or the drive and regeneration systems in EVs and HEVs.

The TJA1052i combines the advantages of optimized transceivers and those of the galvanic isolation without having to compromise functionality, safety, or EMC.

Yes, it is more expensive as it consists of the TJA1049 transceiver and the isolator.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jongmin,

The TJA1052i isolated high-speed CAN transceiver improves communication and safety by integrating galvanic isolation between the CAN-protocol controller-side and the physical wires of the CAN network.

The benefits are high fault protection and isolation to ensure robust communication. The isolator uses proprietary capacitive isolation technology to transmit and receive CAN signals. This solution incorporates the advantages of low current consumption, short processing times and stable pulse widths. It enables more reliable data communications in noisy environments, such as high-voltage battery management systems or the drive and regeneration systems in EVs and HEVs.

The TJA1052i combines the advantages of optimized transceivers and those of the galvanic isolation without having to compromise functionality, safety, or EMC.

Yes, it is more expensive as it consists of the TJA1049 transceiver and the isolator.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos