What cross compiler needed to build TF-A bin(s) on Ubuntu22 (target is LS1046 custom board)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cross compiler needed to build TF-A bin(s) on Ubuntu22 (target is LS1046 custom board)?

Jump to solution
wookie
Contributor I

As the title says, my host machine, aka build machine, is a Ubuntu 22 VM on my Dell laptop (x86 64). I've been reading through these links ... 

... to understand the "how-to" aspect but it doesn't tell me how to setup my build/development environment.

I know I need some kind of cross compiler toolchain here (or I would think so) and I know i'll need to break out some environment variables so the make commands (listed in the links above) recognize the cross compiler being used.

Can someone point me in the right direction here in setting this up or where I can find documentation or examples? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @wookie!

You can download the required packages using the next command in your terminal

"sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib build-essential chrpath socat cpio python python3 python3-pip python3-pexpect xz-utils debianutils iputils-ping python3-git python3-jinja2 libegl1-mesa libsdl1.2-dev pylint3 xterm rsync curl zstd lz4 gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu"

Best Regards!

Chavira

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @wookie!
Thank you for contacting NXP Support!

I attached a little guide on how to compile the boot image for ls1043ardb, is the same for ls1046 but you have to do the modifications according to your hardware.

Best Regards!

Chavira

0 Kudos
wookie
Contributor I
Hey Chavira!
In that attached doc you mention to checkout these repos and run "make". I see mentions of "export ARCH=arm64" and "export CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu". Do I need to download the arm cross compilers from the arm website? I guess that's my question here. Otherwise, if I run make then it's going to use my system defaults which would by x86_64 gcc.
0 Kudos
Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @wookie!

You can download the required packages using the next command in your terminal

"sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib build-essential chrpath socat cpio python python3 python3-pip python3-pexpect xz-utils debianutils iputils-ping python3-git python3-jinja2 libegl1-mesa libsdl1.2-dev pylint3 xterm rsync curl zstd lz4 gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu"

Best Regards!

Chavira

0 Kudos
wookie
Contributor I
Ah, perfect! Thanks Chavira. I kept thinking I needed to download this LSDK but turns out the LSDK is a combination of components which I pull down ... i guess is my understanding.
0 Kudos