cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the second TSEC on an 8313

ckrinke
Contributor I

Gentlemen:

I am searching for a bit of advice. We have a functioning system with an 8313 and are adding a second PHY to the second TSEC, which in Linux is controlled by the gianfar.c ethernet driver.

The advice I am seeking is the best way to setup a driver for TSEC2. Should this be a copy of gianfar.c named gianfar2.c with the appropriate changed constants? Does gianfar.c support multiple instances of itself for use by multiple TSECs?

Charles

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ckrinke
Contributor I

I think I need to make my question a bit better.

I look at mpc83xx_devices.c and I see platform_device with a definition for MPC83xx_TSEC1 and MPC83xx_TSEC2. I can see the register offsets and IRQ's defined in that structure. I believe that platform_device is the place to energize the second TSEC.

Although I have worked a bit with platform devices on 85xx a couple of years ago, I havent looked at them for a while.

So, I am looking for some pointers in coming back up to speed and using the second TSEC.

Charles

0 Kudos

suchit_lepcha
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You don't have to copy gianfar.c to gianfar2.c. The same driver should work for both the eTSECs.  Using images from 8313 BSP,  you should be able to get both the eTSECs working.

0 Kudos