Using the JN5189 to read Electric Meter (Single Phase and Three Phase)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the JN5189 to read Electric Meter (Single Phase and Three Phase)

matthew3
Contributor III

Good Afternoon NXP Community.

Is it possible to read an Single Phase aswell as a Three Phase Electric Meter usng the JN5189 Microcontroller. I know this can be done using the JN5168/9 Microcontroller.

If i am not mistaken i beleive these are more or less the same as each other so i would be thinking that

my question would be possible to acheive.

Kind Regards

Matthew

0 Kudos
2 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @matthew3

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide a few more details about the setup you are trying to build? What would be the purpose of your application?

Please, take a look at the Zigbee 3 Cluster Library [JN-UG-3132] from JN5189 SDK documentation > docs > wireless > Zigbee. Part IX describes the available cluster for Smart Energy such as the Simple Metering Cluster, which is used to handle information relating to the measured consumption of some resource, which may be electricity, gas, heat or water.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

matthew3
Contributor III

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for replying.

The application that we are trying to build is based on our exsisting metering system that we have developed. This consiste of a either a Single Phase or a Three Phase meter and we are reading these meters via the optical port on the front into a data logger (Raspberry Pi) which then sends data upto our cloud storage database.

We have had a PCB around the JN5189 MCU.

What we want to do is replace the Raspberry Pi at each meter with our PCB and then have another PCB (JN5189) as the coordinator which collects each Meters Data through out a premises. The coordinator then is read by just one Raspberry Pi which collates the info and sends that to our Cloud Database.

Hopefully this gives you a better understanding to what we are trying to acheive.

In the meantime i will look at what you have suggested.

Regards

Matthew

0 Kudos