cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding the meaning of Weierstrass: No in case of Ed25519

parrthpanchal
Contributor I

Hello Community,

I want to understand why is the Weierstrass column No in the case of Ed25519.Screenshot (9).png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

notrelipsu
Contributor I

Boot the device with only camera connected, without https://testmyspeed.onl/ display connected. Camara is working (save image and video, can’t test if the streaming to display is working).

0 Kudos

pavla_hajna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

what is the NXP part number you refer to?

Thank you. Best regards

Pavla

0 Kudos

parrthpanchal
Contributor I

I am using OM-SE050ARD.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @parrthpanchal ,

The EdDSA signature scheme is defined on a twisted Edwards curve like Curve25519. In the APDU spec we only note the differentiation between the curve types as only curves from type Weierstrass needs to have the parameters explicitly being imported before being used whereas the other curves parameters are already fix implanted. In practice ECDSA is always used with Weierstrass curves and EdDSA with Edwards curves due to their specification.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos