Unable to retain settings on FMUK66

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retain settings on FMUK66

nechsproject
Contributor I

Problems saving parameters to FMUK66. I am able to load bootloader and firmware, once I select my air frame and reboot, config all sensors and reboot once more all settings are gone. This is my first venture into PX4 and would like to know if there is just something I am missing. 

I have tried multiple firmware versions as well as different versions of QGroundControl. HoverGames also provided a preloaded VM with required utilities and that is also providing the same results.

I have also tried erasing entire FMU via the debugger module and flashing both bootloader and firmware this way.

The drone will work fine until it is rebooted, which I then have to start like it is a new FMU. Wondering if I may have a bad unit. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Tags (2)
6 Replies

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This has been traced to some of the FRAM memory chips - from another vendor - being bad. Please return any FMUs exhibiting this problem for a replacement. You can test for a bad chip using the PX4 application command line command "mtd erase" the bad chips will return that they erased 64K, while good ones report 16K.#hovergames

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anthony, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please check to see if the SD card is inserted and being recognized properly? If it has a flight log file written to it, then it means it's working correctly. It's possible that if the SD card is not being recognized, some settings may not be properly saved.

Could you please tell me the process you followed to reboot the system?

Also, are all the settings getting erased? Or only some specific ones?

Please let me know of your findings.

Best regards,

Sebastian

nechsproject
Contributor I

Hello Sebastian, I have verified the SD card is being written to, I also

swapped it out and ran the SD card test via the console.

If I select an airframe and reboot, I can reboot without loosing that

setting. If I attempt to calibrate any of the sensors, after reboot all

settings are reset, have to start at air frame selection.

I am rebooting the system via the reset button on the side, also from the

tool menu in QGC, does not seem to matter which why it is done.

If I edit any of the SYS_ parameters those are also reset after reboot

after calibrating any onboard sensors.

Please advise if you have any other options or suggestions.

Thank you

Tony

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anthony,

Unfortunately, there might be a problem with the FMU you received in the kit, because configuration values shouldn't be resetting themselves when doing a system reboot, as when I tried to reproduce it on my side that did not happen to me.

I would advise you to contact our warranty and returns team to see if they can help you get a replacement unit.

The page for warranty and returns can be found here.

Could you please try contacting them?

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

physics
Contributor I

I am having the same issue. 

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jason,

Could you please try contacting our Warranty and Returns team in the link I provided in the previous answer?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos