Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting PT2000

Jump to solution
rmaier
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working with the PT2000 using the KITPT2000FRDM3C evaluation board. I am unable to get the provided example to work, and I was hoping to get some help with this. - I was able to get the KL25Z setup and connected to SPIGen. - I can successfully download the micro code provided per the instructions (SPIGenMC33PT2000Files.txt). - I can launch a batch command to continuously toggle START1. (Verified by scope). - If I power up the PT2000 with 12V and plug in USB, no FLAGS (LEDs) are on. They only light up after downloading code. Problem: I am not getting anything on the injectors. I only have one injector connected to INJ1. I have tried with DRVEN and RESETB high and low. All FLAG LEDS are on as is USB power and 5V. I am providing 13.7V with a 10A power supply. I don't fully grasp the complete operation of this IC, so I can't really diagnose myself yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I should also mention that the there is no boost regulation either. It's also at 13.7V.

Thanks, Robert Maier

0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, due the issue you are seen, it seems to be the case that the PT2000 is an old version, so, the best way to solve it is replacing the device on the board. You can check with your board distributor to see if they can send you a replacement or you can ask for a PT2000 sample to replace it in your board. Check if you can order samples from this link: https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/motor-and-solenoid-drivers/powertrain-and-engine-contr...

Regards,

Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
dongpanhao
Contributor I

Have you solved the problem you encountered? I have the same problem!Can you help me solve it?

0 Kudos
rmaier
Contributor III

I marked the solution. The IC had an older key. The solution was to replace the IC with a newer one provided by NXP.

Good luck.

Robert

0 Kudos
dongpanhao
Contributor I
Is there a problem with the chip or is the user destroying the chip?Can you tell me your email address?
0 Kudos
rmaier
Contributor III

The problem is that the older ICs have a different key. The Windows PC side has the newer key. If you got your eval board from an online distributor, then you may have an old key (like I had).

0 Kudos
rmaier
Contributor III

Bump this topic.

0 Kudos
rmaier
Contributor III

Hello Jose,

Thank you for your help. I have checked everything on DRVEN. Both in the SPIGen (High and Low) through the single command and microcode. I have also verified by scope that the DRVEN is being driven as expected.

I do not see "Enable Flash on CH1 and CH2". I see "Enable Flash on All Channels" (See screenshot). Is there something else?

Thanks,

Robert Maier

rmaier_0-1616091640633.png

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert,

Please make sure the DRVEN signal on the “Single Command” or “Microcode”page is set to High.

If this does not work, then, after clicking on Download All, make sure to click on Enable Flash on CH1 and CH2.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Once you clock on the “Enable Flash on CH1 and CH2” or “Enable Flash on All Channels” button to run the code, the channels should be operational.

Did you follow step-by-step all the instruction from sections 5.3 and 5.4 of the board user guide?

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/KTPT2000FRDM3CUG.pdf

0 Kudos
rmaier
Contributor III

Jose,

I tried that as well. I followed the documentation as well as I could. Not everything is clear or correct. I didn't find any "Injector Demo Files" directory per the instructions, so I had to search the files I downloaded manually for the same names. I followed section 5.3 and 5.4 line by line. The microcode is shown (per SPIGen) to be successfully flashed. I see SPI stream via scope as well when sending micro code.

Robert

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

From our Applications team:

You need to read the flash enable register for all channels and see if the following bits are set and that there are no checksum failures.

The register read values should look like this:

reyes_0-1616525339166.png

Since the boost converter is not working there could be an error on that channel. There will also not be enough voltage to actuate the injector.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos
rmaier
Contributor III

Hello Jose,

This appears to be the issue. Here is what I see for each channel after reading SPI:

rmaier_0-1616595216356.png

I do not get any failure message while downloading the micro code. Is there something I can do to fix this?

rmaier_1-1616595273729.png

Regards,

Robert Maier

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I discussed with the Apps team and they told me that most likely, sense since all 3 channels have a checksum failure, you have an old part with a different key as the one coming with the IDE.

Our recommendation is to replace the unit with latest part from the web.

https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/motor-and-solenoid-drivers/powertrain-and-engine-contr...

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos
rmaier
Contributor III

Are you saying I need to buy another PT2000 and rework the PCB for the new IC? It's kind of sounding like I wasted time and money with this eval kit.

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, due the issue you are seen, it seems to be the case that the PT2000 is an old version, so, the best way to solve it is replacing the device on the board. You can check with your board distributor to see if they can send you a replacement or you can ask for a PT2000 sample to replace it in your board. Check if you can order samples from this link: https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/motor-and-solenoid-drivers/powertrain-and-engine-contr...

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos