Tolerable power supply noise for TEF668x tuner

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerable power supply noise for TEF668x tuner

rhaefner
Contributor I

I'm considering use of a switching buck converter to power the TEF668x tuner.  I don't see data in the datasheets that identifies tolerable noise on the power supply line to maintain tuner performance.  The switching power device candidates I'm looking at use selectable clocks up to 2 or 2.2MHz, and I'd choose a higher frequency to avoid obvious potential issues with AM reception.  Switching noise on the power supply output is illustrated at about 7mVpp and can be improved to about 1mVpp w/ added filtering.  The spectral content of that noise is about 280uVrms at the fundamental and harmonics can be up to 200-240uVrms or more in the FM band, improved to about 4uVrms w/ added filtering.  Are these ripple levels tolerable to maintain tuner performance?  What are tolerable power supply noise levels for the device?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bob,

I am afraid you will not get a proper support for the TEF668x tuner here on the online community.

I would recommend you to contact either an NXP Sales representative or NXP FAE for any technical questions regarding the TEF668x. Alternatively you can create a standard ticket/case if you are not in touch with any NXP representatives.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos