The datasheet for the 74ALVC164245 contains some apparent contradictions regarding the minimum VccA and the resulting logic levels for the I/O and control signals. Where can I get guidance as to the low-voltage performance of this component?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The datasheet for the 74ALVC164245 contains some apparent contradictions regarding the minimum VccA and the resulting logic levels for the I/O and control signals. Where can I get guidance as to the low-voltage performance of this component?

nanoGeek
Contributor I

Specifically, we wish to operate the part at 1.8V and want to know if the control signals are compatible with that voltage, and also to know the dynamic performance of the I/O signals at that voltage.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Normally the 74ALVC164245 is to be used with VCC starting from 2.7V, this voltage range is fully specified. We however state that the device is also functional at lower VCC voltages, down to 1.5V. NXP does not provide dynamic characteristics for low voltage case, but timing parameters will be definitely  derated in comparison with 2.3V-2.7V case.

Yes, the control signals are compatible with low voltage VCC, Vil max can be estimated as 0.3 x VCC, Vih - 0.7xVCC.

Regards,

Bulat

0 Kudos