The adjustable approach to adjustable inductors

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The adjustable approach to adjustable inductors

maryzhu
Contributor I

I read an electronic magazine in which there is a report on the adjustable approach to adjustable inductors. After reading, I became interested in adjustable inductors. So I searched some related materials and information about this topic. Today I come to this forum to turn to you to discuss my understandings are appropriate.

Here are my personal understandings:

There are two ways to change the size of the inductance in the power supply. One: the method is to use a threaded soft ferrite, change the core in the coil position; two: the use of sliding switch, change the number of turns, thereby changing the inductance of the inductor. The shortcomings of these two methods, there are moving parts, can only be manually adjusted, can not be automatically controlled. In the specific power supply equipment is the use of core and line combination of methods to change the inductance of the inductor size, there are three ways. A: saturation inductance on the core around the two windings, one is the working winding, through the exchange; the other is to control the winding, through the DC, change the size of the control winding DC current, you can change the saturation of the core, thus changing the work The equivalent inductance size of the winding. This method is relatively early, the working principle of saturated inductors and magnetic amplifiers is based on this saturated inductance method. B: switch control inductance in the inductor circuit in series with a two-way thyristor switch, through the two-way thyristor turn on and off to change the inductance of the inductor size. At home and abroad a large number of research and development and production of sinusoidal energy distributor AC power supply, built on the basis of this switch control inductance method. C: orthogonal core control inductance method to rotate the C-core half 90 ° and the other half of the butt, half of the core around the work winding, through the exchange; the other half of the core around the control winding; Change the size of the DC current, you can continuously change the size of the working winding inductance. In the switching power supply, inverter power supply, AC power supply and power AC series compensator and phase shifter applications. Japan to this is called ortho-shaped soft ferrite core, known as the SX-type core.

Ps: Excuse me if I was wrong in words or expressions as I am a green hand in the field of adjustable inductors. I need continual learnings.

What is your idea ? Do you agree with my ideas ? Any of your ideas would be highly appreciated.

May someone would like to help ?

thanks in advance

Labels (1)
  • RF

0 Kudos
0 Replies