SNMP Agent for LS1046A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP Agent for LS1046A

Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, Iam using LS1046A QorIQ processor , i want to install the SNMP V3 agent on the Eval board and Query for SNMP parameters (MIB Parameters) from the Manager (i Reasoning MiB Browser) residing on a separate windows, please let me know the procedure for the same.

I am using Net SNMP for this purpose.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Ghouse
Contributor V

In LS1046A Evaluation Board I am using Ubuntu 18.04 ISO bootable image, once device is up, I am going to send gcc-linaro cross compiled desktop version successfully to specified target location.

i.e iam able to cross compile in Desktop machine using gcc-linaro using  "./configure  --prefix=/snmp/ --host=arm" command, then followed by make and make install, then target snmp folder as compressed to snmp.tar.gz.

This snmp.tar.gz i am sending to target NXPdevice (EVAL board) using scp command using Ethernet connection. target location (here location as root  /) uncompressed the snmp.tar.gz file. then I will get snmp folder, now inside  /sbin/snmpd  iam trying to run but I am not able to run snmpd service in NXP. it is saying sh:"snmpd: command not found", it has not identify the snmpd as a service. here attachments.

should I add any service libraries  for these snmpd to start service??

Please provide your help.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you use the latest LSDK 2004 release?

If yes, please refer to this topic about how to install and configure SNMP daemon and client on Ubuntu 18.04.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-configure-an-snmp-daemon-and-cli...

0 Kudos

Ghouse
Contributor V

Yes, we are using the latest LSDK 2004 release.

We are using using VMware Workstation installed on a Windows machine (Windows 7), and we have installed Ubuntu 18.04 in Vmware.

Please let me know, how to install LSDK 20.04 on Ubuntu 18.04, and how do i configure the SNMP Agent over LSDK to repond queries from the SNMP Manager.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please download the latest flex-builder LSDK 2004 from "https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/linux-software-and-development-tools/layerscap...".

After uncompress the tar ball, please execute the following command to download firmware, bootpartition and ubuntu rootfs and deploy them to SD card.

$ source setup.env

$ flex-installer -i auto -m ls1046ardb -d /dev/sdx

Plug in SD card to your target bard and configure the target board boot from SD.

After enter Linux system, install the SNMP daemon

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt install snmpd

Edit snmpd.conf with text editor of your choice, we will be using nano: sudo nano /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

Configure agentAddress: agentAddress udp:161,udp6:[::1]:161
-This will set the server to listen on all IPv4 and IPv6 addresses (remove the hashtags in front of this agentAddress information to make the comment "live")
-For higher security bind to your IP address. Ex: agentAddress udp:192.168.1.5:161

Configure rocommunity: rocommunity public
-Change "public" to your community name

Restart the SNMPD service: sudo service snmpd restart

0 Kudos

Ghouse
Contributor V

Thank you very much for the reply,

Can i write a custom .c file (the Driver File) for handling custom MIB Parameters in the Eval Board (Eg: i want to add a new MiB parameter "SoftVer" : Which defines the Software Version of Firmware Loaded onto the Hardware).

Can u please provide some guidelines that i need to follow in the Firmware as well as in the .c file. Although iam able to get response for the OS parameters (as per RFC 1213), but i want some details that i have to follow if i have to fetch some custom MiB parameters from the Eval Board(Hardware).

Please share some sample code if u have any.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to "Writing Your Own SNMP MIB: Procedure" in https://netbeez.net/blog/snmp/.

0 Kudos

Ghouse
Contributor V

Thank you very much for the reply,

Can i write a custom .c file (the Driver File) for handling custom MIB Parameters in the Eval Board (Eg: i want to add a new MiB parameter "SoftVer" : Which defines the Software Version of Firmware Loaded onto the Hardware),

Can u please provide some guidelines that i need to follow in the Firmware as well as in the .c file. Although iam able to get response for the OS parameters (as per RFC 1213), but i want some details that i have to follow if i have to fetch some custom MiB parameters from the Eval Board(Hardware).

Please share some sample code if u have any.

0 Kudos

Thortoise
Contributor I

Great articles thanks for sharing this awesome blogs MyAARPMedicare

0 Kudos