cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SJA1105S RGMII Interfacing to PHY

mjd_bishop
Contributor I

Folks

I'm having a fight getting an SJA1105S, port 4 = SGMII as MAC, to talk to a DP83869HM PHY's SGMII port.

A few specific questions:

1) Is there any documentation of how to effect the configuration other than UM11040 and the python configuration tool, there is certainly scope for some.

2) Is the SGMII port expected to interface to the PHY "out of the box", my impression is that quite a bit of parameter twidling is required in the 1Fxxxx registers

3) Is one - one connection of the SGMII pipes correct, i.e. no polarity inversion- the default is Tx inverted

4) How should the SGMII be configured for test/use and what tests can one execute to prove functionality / identify the issue

More broadly, I can (and have) dumped registers and can tweak registers.  Pages of hex can be provided.  The link reports RxLinkUp, but does not complete auto neg and has a status of LinkDown.  The other port in use, port 0 on RGMII, seems fairly happy - looking at its status registers and traffic is being presented to port 4.

Wisdom on how to proceed would be appreciated

Best Regards

Martin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

soulyduna
Contributor I

Hello,

This is probably a long a shot, but we are having the same struggle, all the ports of the SJA1105S are happy except the port 4 (SGMII).

where you able to make it say something to the DP83869HM ?

I would really like a feedback on this

Thank you

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Most of your questions are addressed in AH1704. The document can be
found on NXP Docstore:

https://www.docstore.nxp.com/products?path=/content/docstore/product-hierarchy/Vehicle-Networking-/A...

The document discusses all aspects of the interface, from power and
layout to initialization in various use scenarios. Go through the complete
document - SGMII is mentioned in multiple  places. As of testing,
there are no specific ready configurations  or suggestions.
Generic approach shall apply - send traffic, scan error counters.

Hope this helps,

Platon

0 Kudos