SGTL5000 anti-alias filter?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGTL5000 anti-alias filter?

caballero_hyoga
Contributor I

Does SGTL5000 chip have a low-pass anti-alias filter? I have been researching about it for a while and neither in the documentation nor anywhere else I have found any reference of it. Nevertheless, reading this forum thread it seems there may be an anti-alias filter in the chip circuit. Could anyone confirm whether is there such filter or not? And, if there is, is it possible to disable it with programming?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael

seems yes, it is described as ADC_HPF_BYPASS in register CHIP_ADCDAC_CTRL.

SGTL5000, Low Power Stereo Codec with Headphone Amp - Data Sheet

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

caballero_hyoga
Contributor I

Hi Igor. That one is to bypass a high-pass filter (attenuate low frequencies). Anti-aliasing filters are low-pass filters. In the datasheet doesn't seem to be any parameter to configure or disable a ADC low-pass filter. So I guess that if it is present in the circuit, it is not possible to disable it.

0 Kudos