SGTL5000: Hardware reset

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGTL5000: Hardware reset

UweA
Contributor I

Hi! I want to set a SGTL5000 into an inactive state. My idea is to remove the power supply to do so. But which one? There are three of them: VDDA, VDDIO and VDDD. Do I have to switch off all of them or only one(or two?).

The background is: The SGTL5000 is part of an audio solution which is sometimes exposed to severe EMC troubles which cannot be fixed. I have very often the situation that the SGTLs ADC is out of order and is just producing digital zeros then. Sometimes the SGTL is not responding at all anymore. So my idea is: Switch the power off/on to perform a reset.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

UweA
Contributor I

Hello David,

switching VDDD is a little bit tricky for me due to the board design. Do you think it will be a problem if I only switch VDDIO & VDDA while VDDD is active all the time?

Best regards,
Uwe

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In this case I do recommend to perform some test switching VDDA.

Please note that VDDD and VDDA are the main supplies of the device. Therefore, it might work but you should perform some tests before.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you.

You are correct, unfortunately the SGTL500 device does not have a reset pin.

In this case, the preferred supply sequencing is VDDIO/VDDA (it does not matter which comes first) and then VDDD. So, I do recommend to perform some tests using the VDDIO/VDDA supply rails.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos