cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC16IS750 SPI Initialization Code

lucasjuttner
Contributor I

Hello,

My name is Lucas Juttner and I am an embedded system engineer for an electric race car senior project at the University of California, Irvine. I am currently trying to use the SC16IS750 to interface with a Texas Instruments MSP430G2553 micro-controller via SPI. I have validated my SPI communication through a different chip, but I am not able to communicate via SPI with the SC16IS750. I think my problem may be from the register initializations I am setting. My goal is to constantly read from the UART RX line on the SC16IS750 chip, and send it over SPI to my micro-controller for data acquisition. The UART input should be running at 9600 baud. I do not believe an interrupt is necessary as I should just be constantly reading. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lucas Juttner

If any other information is needed, feel free to ask.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Suggest that utilize attached files for hardware and software configuration,especially for UART speed /SPI communication timing/initialize of the Bridge IC.

0 Kudos

parth_gulati
Contributor I

Hi ,

I am trying to use this ic for i2c interface with my nxp t1024rdb processor. we need an extra debugger port and i have to use it as a serial console. I see here the document for the SPI interface is there any similar document for i2c interface. Any suggestion on how should i proceed for it.

Regards

Parth

0 Kudos