Request to check the authenticity of the product

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to check the authenticity of the product

JohnK1122
Contributor I

I bought the product(MPC8270CZUUPEA) a few days ago.

Vendor supplied documentation contains the following:

MPC8270CZUUPEA
MFR : Freescale Semiconductor
Mfg Date Code : 0631
LOT# : 313034

I wonder if it is possible to check whether this product is NXP's genuine product with this information.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

LinaHou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please read our Anti-Counterfeit Products Policy following:

To minimize risk, customers should only buy NXP products directly from NXP or from one of our authorized distributors.

NXP does not provide support for purchases made from unauthorized sources, including warranty support, failure analysis, marking or trace code verification.

https://www.nxp.com/products/product-information/quality:QUALITY_HOME,

According to this policy, NXP only accept the warranty support, failure analysis, marking or trace code verification requests escalated from our distributors.

Please contact the company through whom you purchased the product. If you purchased product through a NXP distributor, they could provide authenticity. If you purchased the device from another company other than our distributors, ask them to trace the purchase. NXP guarantees product purchased only through our authorized distributors.

If there is no quality issue, and you bought it via our authorized distributor channel, please just use it and do not need to verify the authentic.

Accept our apology for this inconvenience. It is the way that we manage the sales channel and marking then protect our customer's purchase finally.

Thank you for your kindly understanding.

0 Kudos

JohnK1122
Contributor I

Thank you for your kind reply.

I have one more question.

Given that the Mfg Date Code of the product is 0631, it seems to have been made during the 2006 Freescale period.

According to the Your website, there is only a wafer production plant in the U.S. and an assembly plant in Malaysia.

Then, should I consider the Country of Origin(COO) of This MPC8270CZUUPEA to be Malaysia or U.S.?

The company I purchased marked the Country of Origin(COO) as the U.S., so can you believe this?

0 Kudos

LinaHou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

MPC8270CZUUPEAMFR is not a valid part# in our product list.

I can confirm MPC8270CZUUPEA (PowerQUICC, 32 Bit Power Architecture, 450MHz, Comms Processor, PCI, USB, HDLC, Enet, 0 to 105C)

Locations
  • NXP DIFF ATX TECH AND MFG CTR AUSTIN, United States
  • NXP TEST KLM FINAL MANUFACTURING KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia
  • NXP ASSY KLM FINAL MANUFACTURING KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia

And the COO of MPC8270CZUUPEA is Malaysia per our formal invoice which shipped to our customers.

Hope it helps, thank you.

0 Kudos