cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for NFC card emulator / NFC card reader IC

tsotnek
Contributor II

Hello,

So I am planning on doing a project by myself where I want to read NFC tags and also ISO 14443 type A cards. I also want the device to behave like card emulator so a smartphone will be able to write some data into the tag. 

So I have it thought out like this, if the device acts as a NFC reader for 500ms scanning for cards to read. And other 500ms it acts as emulated type A card to have some data written on it from a smartphone. Do you think this will work?

Also I am thinking of using PN5180 IC for this application, do you think it is a good choice, if not please recommend better suited IC.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir, please feel free to check or NFC solutions that better suit your needs. If you are looking for building a full application driven by an MCU, you could use the PN5190, which is the newest version of the PN5180. If you are interested in an NFC IC that will be driven by an Android or Linux MPU I will have to recommend using PN7150 which has an integrated FW.

If you are interested in building your application in a single IC, please check the PN7462, which has its own programable IC and doesn't have to be connected to another host MCU.

All of the products from above are able to emulate a 14443 type A card.

Please let me know which option suits you best.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos