cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID Reader/Key Chain Tag w/ 2-3 Feet Range

crloyd
Contributor I

Hello all,

I am new here and still a novice when it comes to the world of RFID. I'm wondering if there is a RFID reader and key chain tag that can be read from 2-3 feet away? I want to use this in conjunction with an Arduino Uno and a couple of linear actuators to open a door when the tag is in range of the reader (2-3 feet away) and then close the door when the tag is no longer in range of the reader.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Labels (1)
  • RF

0 Kudos
3 Replies

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As mentioned in case:

For up to 1 meter solution, you may be interested to take a look to our vicinity products (ICODE): https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/icode:MC_42024?&tid=vanicode

For a longer rage solution, you may be interested to take a look to UCODE family: https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/ucode-uhf:MC_50483
Hope this helps!
BR,
Ivan.
0 Kudos

crloyd
Contributor I

Hi Ivan and thanks for the reply! As I mentioned, I am VERY new to all of this, so please excuse the very basic questions. In reading through the description of those products, it does appear that they are exactly what I am looking for. However, what I don't understand is which of these products would be compatible with Arduino Uno? And if compatible, how do I integrate it with the Arduino? Do I need to solder leads to connect to the Arduino and build my own antenna? What about code to make it work with the Arduino?

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sure, I forgot to mention the family products above are for the Tags, now you will need a reader to work with them in this Reader-Tag environment.

For ICODE, you may refer to the following reader: SLRC61003HN | NXP 

For UCODE you may contact one of the reader manufacturers since NXP does not currently have readers for UCODE family: RFID Ecosystem | NXP 

Hope this help.

BR,

Ivan.

0 Kudos