RF LDMOS MMRF2010 Characterization of RFSense and TSense pins

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF LDMOS MMRF2010 Characterization of RFSense and TSense pins

Sedorf
Contributor II

How to found additional informations on these pin: RFSense pin#12 and TSense pin#11 ??

RFSense:

On 1090 MHz NARROWBAND PRODUCTION TEST FIXTURE (data sheet document MMRF2010N
Rev. 1, 04/2017), you use an RF power detector LT5534 (input range 0..-60dBm) attached to pin#12 across an attenuator of 55..56dB (PI 50-15k-50 ohm).. I think the RF level present on RFSense is about max RF power of 54dBm (250W) ??? Is possible?

TSense:

A description table T vs Vpin ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sedorf,

I hope this response finds you well.

Please review the data requested below:

Thermal sense

This pin takes out the VGS voltage of the thermal tracking FET as described in the Quiescent Current Thermal Tracking Circuit in the RF Integrated Circuit Family document.

The characteristics of this sensor are shown in Figure 4. Actual parameters are not specified. If needed the sensor can be calibrated by the measuring the sense voltage and controlling die temperature as described in AN1955.

Usually, on the reference boards this signal is connected to test point via 1k resistor.

RFout sense

This signal provides fanout from the output signal of the amplifier.

As you mentioned, RFout is connected to LT5534ESC6 RF Power Detector.:

http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/5534fc.pdf

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Sedorf
Contributor II

Hello David,

TNX for reply..

I have only one doubt: the level present at RFSense out.. the resistor R4 of PI attenuator on TEST FIXTURE is 50 ohm 10 W (?) ( too small..) may be RFSense at -15dB respect to output signal of the amplifier? Or also -30dB? What exactly level?

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sedorf,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

As mentioned before, RFout sense signal provides fanout from the output signal of the amplifier.

I am afraid that we do not have such data characterized. In this case, you may perform your own tests.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos