Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about buffering input for the NX3L4051

Jump to solution
Sylvain2
Contributor I

Hello,

I want to use the NX3L for switching signals of 100 kHz.

I have 5 coils (19µH, 2 ohms dc), each one of them producing a 100 kHz sin wave and I want to gate these 5 signals towards one amplifier. So I want to use the NX3L.

My question is the following : do I need a buffer input in order to match the output of the coils to the input of the NX3L?

Thank you,

Sylvain

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sylvain,

please see below an answer from the application engineer.

DESCRIPTION

For MUX itself, there is no requirement to have a buffer in front.

Adding this MUX into the signal path can be treated as adding a RC circuit, which bandwidth is 15MHz, into the signal channel from system point of view.

For the system, the MUX certainly has impact on the signal, but 15MHz bandwidth is much higher than 100kHz, the impact is limited.

If this 100kHz signal is treated as digital signal, then, there is no buffer needed.

If this 100kHz signal is a not a sensitive / critical signal, then, still, no buffer needed.

If this 100kHz signal is a VERY sensitive / critical to the system, then, customer need to make decision from system point of view.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sylvain2
Contributor I

Hello Jozef,

Thank you for your answer !

Best regards,

Sylvain

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sylvain,

I apologize for a late reply. I have sent the description of the application to an application engineer, but I haven't received an answer yet. I have just sent him a reminder. Hopefully he will answer me soon.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
Sylvain2
Contributor I

Thank you Jozef, I'm waiting for your answer

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sylvain,

please see below an answer from the application engineer.

DESCRIPTION

For MUX itself, there is no requirement to have a buffer in front.

Adding this MUX into the signal path can be treated as adding a RC circuit, which bandwidth is 15MHz, into the signal channel from system point of view.

For the system, the MUX certainly has impact on the signal, but 15MHz bandwidth is much higher than 100kHz, the impact is limited.

If this 100kHz signal is treated as digital signal, then, there is no buffer needed.

If this 100kHz signal is a not a sensitive / critical signal, then, still, no buffer needed.

If this 100kHz signal is a VERY sensitive / critical to the system, then, customer need to make decision from system point of view.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos