Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on 100 Base T1 connector for SJA1110 board

Jump to solution
vsreekanth
Contributor II

Hi All,

I am looking for SJA1110 Switch purchase. MR-T1ETH8 model has 6x 100BASE-T1 Ethernet cables with JST-GH GHR-02V-S 2-pin connectors. Are there any supported JST-GH GHR-02V-S to RJ45 connectors available to connect this Switch with a PC? 

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-mr-t1eth8-evaluation-board:GS-MR-T1ETH8

Thanks and Regards,

Sreekanth

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As I can see in the block diagram that the transceivers are connected directly by MII interface. MDIO from LPC microcontroller is used only for configuration of the transceivers. So, it's based on physical layer only, LPC does not affect the traffic. It may just add some delay to the transmission.

lukaszadrapa_0-1649926070394.png

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vsreekanth
Contributor II

Hello Lukas, are there any Automotive TSN supported NXP End points available to work with SJA1110 switch.

Thanks in advance. Good Day!

0 Kudos
vsreekanth
Contributor II

Thanks Lukas for the information on converter. Does it supports PTP and AVTP traffic, I mean can we use the converter in case of 802.1AS, IEEE1722 standard specific traffic?

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I believe the media converted should not affect this traffic.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
vsreekanth
Contributor II

Hello Lukas, we are planning to purchase this switch and converter for Audio and PTP traffic testing. Could you please confirm, whether it will support without any issues.

Thanks in advance. Good day!

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As I can see in the block diagram that the transceivers are connected directly by MII interface. MDIO from LPC microcontroller is used only for configuration of the transceivers. So, it's based on physical layer only, LPC does not affect the traffic. It may just add some delay to the transmission.

lukaszadrapa_0-1649926070394.png

Regards,

Lukas

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sreekanth,

100BASE-T1 can't be connected directly to a PC, you need media converter. Something like this:

https://www.nxp.com/products/interfaces/ethernet-/automotive-ethernet-phy-transceivers/ethernet-medi...

Or you can find a lot of others on the web.

Regards,

Lukas