cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q] Digital Buck/Boost circuit of wct-15wtxauto

devinpark
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a question about the WCT-15WTXAuto(mwct1013a EVM, 15w wireless charging solution).

We made PROTO board with mwct1013a but it's not working properly so we're debugging now

Regarding it, I have a question about digital buck/boost circuit.

I attach the ref. schematics of mwct-15wtxauto evm(which can be downloaded on NXP website).

I want to know the relation of DBUCK_PWMH_S2/DBUCK_PWML_S2/DBOOST_PWMH_S2/DBOOST_PWML_S2.
On my reservation with my proto board, DBUCK_PWMH_S2 and DBOOST_PWMH_S2 have the same  phase.
So Buck and Boost are turn ON at the same time. I guess it causes SHORT. Is it right?

Please let me know the relation btw DBUCK_PWMH_S2/DBUCK_PWML_S2/DBOOST_PWMH_S2/DBOOST_PWML_S2(that is, phase difference).

THanks & BR,
Devin

0 Kudos
3 Replies

devinpark
Contributor II

Hi Jose,

I found answer

Many Thanks,

Devin

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Devin,

DBUCK_PWMH_S2/DBUCK_PWML_S2/DBOOST_PWMH_S2/DBOOST_PWML_S2 are signal on the “small board 2” which need to be soldered on top of the main board (WCT-15WTXAUTO board) so these mentioned signals make connection with DBUCK_PWMH/ BUCK_PWML/ BOOST_PWMH/ DBOOST_PWML respectively, this way Buck and Boost are driven from the WCT1013A device eliminating the need of an additional control IC for Buck-Boost.

Regards,

Jose

NXP Semiconductor

0 Kudos

devinpark
Contributor II

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply.

In addition, I want to know phase difference btw DBUCK_PWMH/ BUCK_PWML/ BOOST_PWMH/ DBOOST_PWML.

My observation showed that DBUCK_PWMH & BOOST_PWMH has the same phase(that is, the 2 signal were identical).
So Buck & Boost turn on simultaneously.
I wonder if it's normal.
Pls let me know the phase difference btw DBUCK_PWMH/ BUCK_PWML/ BOOST_PWMH/ DBOOST_PWML.

Thanks & BR,

Devin

0 Kudos