cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with NX3L4051

Drops93
Contributor I

Hi there,

For my bachelor thesis I use the multiplexer NX3L4051. Now I have the problem that I have not taken into account the internal protective circuit. Thus my circuit does not work as intended.

Briefly to the function: I would like to implement a ratiometric resistance measurement. For this I have several reference resistors at the inputs of the NX3L4051 (Y0, Y1,...). These I have connected to a 5V reference voltage, by the internal protection circuit is now a current in my measurement imprinted that I do not want. Could you give me a sketch of the internal circuit, so I can think of a circuit how I can still save my PCB.

And I connect the unknown resistor to GND at the output of the NX3L4051 (output Z) and measure the voltage with an ADC.

Do you have a multiplexer that has the same pin layout but can handle up to 5V at the inputs ?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

The max recommended supply voltage is 4.3V and the switching voltage should not be higher than VCC.

Table 6.JPG

Back power, voltage swing limited, may happen when Vsw > Vcc, basically due to ESD diode may be turning on.

We do not have any pin compatible multiplexes capable to handle up to 5V at the inputs.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos