cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible drop-in replacements for TDA3663

rodolfoveltrigo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP is in the process of obsoleting the TDA3663/N1,135/ Very low dropout voltage/quiescent current 3.3 V voltage regulator.

I learned this by trying to order samples of this part for our contract manufacturer of the A71CL kits – and my NXP.com order got rejected by the sample approver for SIP with the following comment: “I recommend not to design in. Last time Buy date is 30-Jun-2019. Last time ship: 30-Jun-2020. There is no direct replacement for this type within NXP”.

We will need to find a suitable drop-in replacement, unfortunately it will have to be from another manufacturer:

1. I ask the community to suggest a solution here - should be doable since this is a common package and pinout

2. once NXP team finds a group of possible replacements, we need to analyze if there is probability of problems caused by the ESR of the needed capacitors:

1. step: check the data sheet of the supposed drop-in voltage regulator
    1. which ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance ) value of the capacitors is expected
    2. find suitable capacitors
  2. step: test execution + verification

I kindly ask you any current experience with this drop-in regulator replacement.

Cheers

Rodolfo Gomes, NXP FAE Identification EMEA

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rodolfo,

It is very unfortunate for me to let you know that there are no longer low-dropout (LDO) regulators in the NXP portfolio. So, there is no replacement for the TDA3663/N1,135.

I apologize for the problems this may cause.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos