cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pegoda MFRD710 Driver help

adam2
Contributor II

Hello 

I am trying to program Defire Light cards and have this reader in house as well as RFIDiscover. I am trying to be able to read the full cards data as well as program the cards.

My immediate task is to: Update the driver from 1.33.11 to 2.2.8 but windows is telling me the best driver is already installed even when I manually browse my PC. 

I am also not able to do anything within RFIDiscover software, everything I do fails even just trying to read the cards UID. I am not sure if this is related to the driver or what is going on but I really need help with this stuff.

I am really struggling with this and would greatly appreciate any help on the topic so I can start to program cards. I apologize and am totally new to Mifare cards of any type, this is my first time trying to program them and will be using this reader in the future to produce and program cards on a large scale if I can get this figured out. 

Thank you in advance!

14 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Adam Heiss,

Hope you are doing great,  please  install the following driver PEGODA Contactless Smart Card Reader | NXP \pastedImage_6.png

also please confirm you have the full version of RFIDDiscover the lite version that is available in the webpage does not work with DESFire Light.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

adam2
Contributor II

I have the driver above and RFIDDiscover full but everything I do fails when I try to write data. This is completely new to me so I am not sure what I am doing wrong? It connects to the reader fine but when I try to write any sort of data it immediately fails. The chips are unlocked and  not programmed

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adam Heiss,

some things might be wrong, first let me know if you can connect the reader to the software if you dont see the SUCCESS pastedImage_1.png

please try to avoid putting any card or anything before connecting to the software otherwise the reader won be able to connect, so first connect the card then put any card above or close to it. if this is not the case please confirm you are following the next steps :

1) Reset the RF Field

2) activate IDLE .- this activates the card in ISO 14443-3  so type 2 cards are activated in this level for example  our products ( like Mifare Ultralight, Classic, all NTAG family but 413 and 424).

3) RATS + PPS ( RATS = Request answer to select and PPS = Protocol and Parameter Selection) this is optional and apply to tags that support layer 4 of ISO 14443 (like Mifare Plus, DESFire, NTAG 424, NTAG 413, etc.)

then once you have activated the tag  you can proceed to  send commands like write or other type of commands depending on the tag you are using.

please confirm this.

Have a great day !!

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

adam2
Contributor II

I have the success when connecting and am activating the 3 commands you mention, I am just not sure how to actually write the data. Even when my boss and I read the manual we cannot seem to figure out what exactly what we are supposed to do. I know this is all on us, the users but we just don't know where to reach out to anymore to figure this out. RFIDDiscover team just lead me back to the forums and the Docstore team lead me to the RFIDDiscover team. We are really struggling figuring this out 

We found a section under readers to write but it looks more like classic Mifare than anything else and when we write it tells us Success but then when we swap cards and read a different card then back to the one we programmed to verify, it shows the same number from before the write. 

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Hope you are doing great, please let me know what type of tag are you using ? please share the product you want to activate and write to. 

Have a great day !
BR

Jonathan

adam2
Contributor II

I am trying to write to Desfire LIGHT 

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adam Heiss, for Mifare DESFire light, after connecting successfully the reader please follow the next steps:

1)First set up an AES 128 key in the key store  with 00000000000000000000000000000000 this is the default key, if you have changed the key please put the key value there

pastedImage_1.png

2)

1.-select DESFire tab

2.- Activate Idle ( activate card in ISO 14443-3)

3.-RATS-PPS ( Activate card in  ISO 14443-4)

4.-go to SELECT

5.-select by DF name

6.-verify this DFname ( usually is already set up)

7.- send ISO select command

pastedImage_3.png

2)

8.- go to authentication

9.- select card key 03 ( as you can see in the DS the  key 03 is the one with R/W rights to file 00) so  if you want to write to different files  please check the file settings before to know which key is used for R or W or R/W

10.- select the Key from keystore that has the value either  the default value inc ase you have not changed or  the changed one

11.-send Authenticate EV2 first

12.-send Authenticate EV2 non first

pastedImage_4.png

3)

13.- go to Data file Access

14.- select ID 00

15.-select fully enciphered communication

16.-offset to 00

17.-length 0x20 ( in this case I will write 32 byte) 

18.-write the 32 bytes

19.-Write Data

20.-just to confirm please read the data pastedImage_5.png

Please follow this and let me know if this worked.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

adam2
Contributor II

Thanks Jonathan, sorry for my delayed reply but I am struggling on steps 11 and 12 with the Authenticare EV2, these options are greyed out and not able to be selected. Do you know how to correct this? 

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

in they key store you must set the used key to AES128 if it is not this type of key the authentication buttons wonk work because they need a selected AES key :smileygrin:

BR

Jonathan

adam2
Contributor II

I am sorry, I overlooked that. 

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No problem :smileygrin: I am happy to help.

please let me know if this worked :smileygrin:

Have a great day !
BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

adam2
Contributor II

Where can I find the information you were talking about in step 9? The key and file relations. 

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Glad to know that this helped, the key rights can be found in the datasheet section 8.2.3.5 File access rights management https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MF2DLHX0.pdf  or you can send the command to get the file settings explained in the section 11.7.2 GetFileSettings.

BR

Jonathan :smileygrin:

0 Kudos

adam2
Contributor II

Success!! Thank you so much! We have been at this for what feels like ever and you have been so helpful. I cannot thank you enough.

0 Kudos