Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTN5110N PD PHY

Jump to solution
liang_li
Contributor I

HI:

I have a chip,it is PTN5110.The alert pin is always at low voltage level. So, I need help.Please check my schematic diagram.PTN5110.png

1、I need more software information,for example the software demo of sink.
2、Dose ptn5110  support automatic response GoodCRC,and how to do?

3、Please give me some other advise.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please take a look at section 4 of the application note AN12137 in the following link:  https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12137.pdf

And please make sure you are properly doing the initialization of the PTN5110 according to your needs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

After power on, PTN5110N generates a fault interrupt per TCPC spec.

TCPM must clear this fault interrupt to deassert the alert pin during the device initialization. This is done by writing 1 to “Vendor Defined Extended” bit on ALERT register (10h), and clearing EXT_ALERT register to de-assert ALERT_N pin.

I recommend you to read the Application Note AN12137 “PTN5110N PD PHY application programming guide” as a software guideline for this device: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12137.pdf

0 Kudos
liang_li
Contributor I

Hi reyes:

Thank you again.

I've tried write 0x80 to register (ALERT) 0x11,and then ,i write 0x80 to register (EXT_ALTER)0x82,but the alert pin is still at low voltage level.What else do i need to do.

In addition,i want to know if PTN5110 can response GOODCRC automatic.

Here is my circuit diagram.

PTN5110.png

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please read FAULT_STATUS register to find the source of the alert and know how to handle it.

Yes, PTN5110 automatically send a GoodCRC in response to an SOP* message from a Port Partner.

0 Kudos
liang_li
Contributor I

Hi reyes:

How do I set PTN5110 up so it can response GOODCRC automatic?

Thank you every much.

0 Kudos
liang_li
Contributor I

Hi reyes:

Yes,I have read FAULT_STATUS register.It has a value of 0x80(All Registers Reset To Default fault latched) . I have tried a number of ways to clear this fualt interrupt,but it still invalid.So I need more help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

“All Registers Reset To Default” bit of register FAULT_STATUS is asserted when the TCPC resets all registers to their default value. This is normal to happens at initial power up or if an unexpected power reset occurs. Reason of why TCPM must clear this fault interrupt to deassert the alert pin during the device initialization. Since you already tried to do this, try changing the value of the external pull-up resistor for a smaller value (4.7k) for example, and test again by clearing the fault interrupts.

If this does not help, then the device is warning us about an unexpected power reset.

You don’t need to configure the device to response GOODCRC automatically, PTN5110 automatically send a GoodCRC in response to an SOP* message from a Port Partner.

0 Kudos
liang_li
Contributor I

Hi reyes:

Thank you.

I want to know how to clear the various interrupts ?

I try to write "1" to Alert register,but part of it failed,such as Extended Status interrupt ,Port power Status     and VBUS Sink Disconnect Detected.

And then , why do some interrupts need to read power status register?

And why does external power supply of 3.3V system affect the removal of interrupts?

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The TCPM shall clear the alert by writing a 1 to the asserted bit in the ALERT register. IF this is not working, then make sure you are properly writing to the PTN5110 device.

Can you please specify about your questions regarding why do some interrupts need to read power status register? And why does external power supply of 3.3V system affect the removal of interrupts? Are you referring to a specific registers?

0 Kudos
liang_li
Contributor I

Hi reyes:

Thank you .

if I need clear fault interrtupt(power on),  I need read power status register ,I don't know whether that is right or wrong ? What should I do if it's wrong?

Then, I was unable to clear the extended status bit of the Alert register and the port power status bit.

When I get a (Alert.Received SOP* Message Status )interrupt I try to read READABLE_BYTE_COUNT , but the result of registe(0x30) is 0, how can I solve this problem ?

When I received the HardReset signal , what should I do? And my power role is sink , I don't see any    description of HardReset.

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please take a look at section 4 of the application note AN12137 in the following link:  https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12137.pdf

And please make sure you are properly doing the initialization of the PTN5110 according to your needs.

0 Kudos
liang_li
Contributor I

Hi reyes:

First,I want to use PTN5110 as a sink port.

Can you provide the log of IIC from power on,and i hope inclued de-assert ALERT_N. It would be better if you could provide more information on your end。

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos