cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTN3460BS/F2 display fail.

simhyeongjun
Contributor II

Dears, 

My customer consisted the board with PTN3460BS/F2. but It does not display normally. 

The device manager indicates that the monitor is recognized. But display are appear black.

display.jpg

1. The display device is not named PTN3460, as shown above. Is this need a new installation of device drivers?

2. The programming guide of PTN3460BS/F2 is shown till version 1.8. What is the difference between versions of Firmware?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear HyeongJun Sim,

I have a feedback to the first two questions from an application engineer. I have also asked for his feedback to your update, I will post it here as soon as I will receive it.

DESCRIPTION

[Q1.] The display device is not named PTN3460, as shown above. Is this need a new installation of device drivers? 

[A1.] “OptiPlex 9010” is correct display name which we used it in the default EDID of PTN3460 firmware.

[Q2.] The programming guide of PTN3460BS/F2 is shown till version 1.8. What is the difference between versions of Firmware?

[A2.] Please see attached AN11128 V1.9 which is latest version of PTN3460 programming guide.

0 Kudos

simhyeongjun
Contributor II

Dear Jozef,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Below is current configuration for test.

TESTMODE : PULL DOWN

CFG1 : LOW SINGLE LVDS BUS

CFG2 : VESA 18bpp

CFG3 : LOW 0%

CFG4 : PULL DOWN 250mV

During debugging, we went through the capacitor 0.1uF on the Mother Board eDP AUX, LANE0, and LANE 1 signal lines. We removed the capacitor on the converter board.

After removing it, the screen that used to appear in BLACK reacts, but it breaks or appears like the screen below (see photo).display1.jpgdisplay2.jpg

The display is recognized as OptiPlex 9010 (1920*1080) and the resolution does not change.

The resolution of the LCD panel is 1024*600.

display3.jpg

When customer checked with the Monitor Asset Manager program, it is recognized as NXP1111.

Currently, DDC SDL and DDC SCL signals from the PTN3460 IC are connected to the LCD DDC SDL and DDC SCL.

The DDC information is received correctly from the panel and I cannot be determined if it is working.

1. How can I confirm that I have read the DDC information correctly?

2. Is the screen not working properly because of the current resolution problem?

3. I know you have a program that does EDID UPDATE. Can you provide it for me?(PTN3460 FoA EDID Updater User’s Manual)

Could you please review my customer's circuit diagram?

Please refer to the attached circuit diagram.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear HyeongJun Sim,

I have received reply from the application engineer.

DESCRIPTION

The issue was due to customer has 1200*600 resolution LCD panel, but they use default EDID in PTN3460BS/F2 firmware which is 1080p resolution (1920*1080) EDID to cause the issue.

Please refer to the program guide AN11128  to program 1200*600 EDID into PTN3460BS to get LCD panel working properly.

Best regards Jozef

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear HyeongJun Sim,

[A1.] Could you advise your customer to change the resolution of the display? It might solve the black screen problem.
[A2.] Different versions of firmwares have different configurations of pins (CFG1,
CFG2, CFG3, CFG4). Please see the picture. Firmware.png Depending on the source behavior and PTN3460 firmware version, the powering
sequence/timing could have some slight differences. Firmware versions are not necessarily backwards compatible. 

Best regards Jozef

0 Kudos