cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTN3460 FW and NVM

Jump to solution
manc
Contributor I

How many bits or bytes is the PTN3460's FW NVM region?

AN11133 or AN11606 mentions 1 KB internal flash for storing 7 EDIDs and config. No mention of FW. Or is the 128 B config the FW?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Man,

OK, the PTN3460 has 32KB of internal flash. 

28KB is used to store firmware code and 4KB is used to store configuration registers and 7 EDIDs (only 1KB is used in the 4KB currently).

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

3 Replies
manc
Contributor I

So the configuration registers are actually FW?

The size is to help write a Letter of Volatility describing the type of data stored in both volatile and nonvolatile memory on a PCBA and the location where the information is stored, such as EEPROMs or flash memory.

It is security paperwork like how RoHS / Reach, or Conflict Mineral Reporting is sustainability paperwork.

First reply/post attempt showed Exception ID: 37FF74E2 again, and need to retype...do not like nxp forum bug.

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Man,

OK, the PTN3460 has 32KB of internal flash. 

28KB is used to store firmware code and 4KB is used to store configuration registers and 7 EDIDs (only 1KB is used in the 4KB currently).

Best regards,

Tomas

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Man,

Could you please specify why you want to know the size of the firmware in the internal flash memory?

All the necessary information about EDIDs (896 bytes) and configuration registers (128 bytes) are described in the AN11128 (PTN3460) or AN11606 (PTN3460I).

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos