PTN3355 won't show bios with Nvidia GPU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTN3355 won't show bios with Nvidia GPU

fredmarkle
Contributor I

We are having issues using the PTN3355 chip for converting DisplayPort to VGA. Everything works fine in windows using the chip. But when plugged in the Nvidia GPU we can't see the boot or bios screen. We have verified our layout with NXP but still unable to resolve the issue. We are leaning towards it being a chip firmware issue but haven't been able to get a response from NXP on how to update the chip firmware. Does anyone know where I can get the latest firmware and how to flash it. Some more information is listed below.

• Our current video adapter board is using the PTN3355 and has “F4” firmware version. It works fine when booted into Windows but no bios during boot when connected to the Nvidia GPU.
  • We have a second adapter board with the PTN3355 chip. We have used it for years but connecting it to an ATI GPU with no issues. It too has the “F4” firmware version. It works the same way as our new board. No bios when connected to Nvidia GPU but good in Windows.
  • We third adapter using the PTN3355 chip. This one works with Nvidia GPUs showing the bios during boot. The only difference is the firmware is “F2X1”.
  • I have also noticed in the instructions you sent that the example firmware shown in the PDF is “F4X1”. So all this is leading me to assume, we need an updated firmware on this chip. Possibly it needs the “X1” at the end?

Thanks again for all your help with this and hopefully we can get this issue resolved.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no difference between FW F2 and F4, the only change is that FW F2 uses DP compliant mode as default setting but FW F4 uses DP non- compliant mode as default setting.

0 Kudos

fredmarkle
Contributor I

Could the non-compliant mode be why the bios isn't visible to a Nvidia GPU during boot? Do you know what the "X1" part of the firmware version means? Guessing just a Rev number?

0 Kudos