cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PORT1 of SJA1110 is connected to 88EA1512 by SGMII

yinqiu
Contributor I

hello dear buddy:

I meet a probelm while taking use of SJA1110 in our project:let me describle the hardware connection first:

the port1 of SJA1110 is connected to marvell 88EA1512 by SGMII and 88EA1512 is set by MDIO from AurixTC397.in addition ,the aurix 397 is connected to the PORT2 of SJA1110 by RGMII.

the 88EA1512 is set to SGMII mode by Aurix when system is powered on and I take use of SDK from NXP by doing some configuration. the information from PC shows the link between PC and 88EA1512 is build up and I try to ping Aurxi in PC but failed.

I attach some snip below. pls help me to check the configuration in S32 studio and I slao attach a brief schematic and SDK here.

thanks for your attention and help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

kaden
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yinqiu 

Do you maybe initialize the PHY on port 1 twice? 

Which SDK example did you use to start off? 

BR

Kevin 

0 Kudos

yinqiu
Contributor I

dear Kaden:

I took the "switch_config_sja1110evm" to start out PCB but it does not martch our hardware because there is only one SJA1110 assembled in our PCB and I deleted the switchcore1 and the related phy instance ,but maybe I made some mistake while doing the delate.

I take use of the "switch_config_s32g_vnp_rdb" to run it success.

0 Kudos

kaden
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yinqiu 

good to hear your issue is solved! 

Have a great day. 

BR

Kevin

0 Kudos

kaden
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yinqiu ,

can you please check if the configuration which is loaded into the switch is valid? This can be checked by reading the CONFIGS flag. If it gets asserted, it means that the configuration was loaded successfully. If this is the case we can do further checks. 

BR

Kevin

0 Kudos

yinqiu
Contributor I

dear Kaden:

thanks for your support, the FAE told me that the configuration in studio should be modified like the snip below that the "PHY Type" should be set as "SJA1110 SGMII" and "PHY Location" should be set as "internal", and I tried but I found TIMEOUT return value in function named initPma(), do you have any suggestion?

thanks a lot again.

0 Kudos

yinqiu
Contributor I

hello Kaden:

I forgot the snip picture.

0 Kudos