PNEV5190B doesn't work.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNEV5190B doesn't work.

hangyoKim
Contributor I

hello all, i have buy a PNEV5190BPi have meet some question.

"NXP NFC Cockpit v7.4.0.0" did not work after pressing the Reset button because it could not find the com port.

For reference, please refer to the corresponding document "PN5190_Evaluation board_Quick_start_guide".

I downloaded the firmware for SW661019, but it may not have been downloaded properly, so j-link was no longer recognized.

Currently, when the J-link part is connected, it is recognized as a disk drive rather than a port.

Please tell me how to solve this case. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. Could you please help me confirm if you are able to load an example from the NFC Reader Library?

Please refer to section 5.3 of the PNEV5190B evaluation board quick start guide.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

hangyoKim
Contributor I

Thank you for answer.

I have successfully downloaded SW661019 and loaded the examples.

I would appreciate it if you could let me know what to do next.

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Are the examples working on your side? What is the problem you are facing?

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

hangyoKim
Contributor I

Thank you for the reply.

The issue of the communication port not appearing when connected to the J-link connection has been resolved.

But, a new problem has arisen.  When connecting USB, the virtual COM port does not appear.

0 Kudos

hangyoKim
Contributor I

Sorry for repeating myself.

When I reconnect, the j-link doesn't reconnect.

I think I forgot to say something important. 

I don't think I mentioned that I pressed all the reset buttons in the attached picture before contacting you.

When I originally connected everything, D8 was off, but now it is on. 

Does this have something to do with why I can't..?

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

What do you mean by "When I reconnect, the j-link doesn't reconnect."? Are you able to program the examples? Are the examples working on your side?

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

hangyoKim
Contributor I

It seems that the example was applied normally after replacing the USB cable.

As for the current progress, after building the Secure firmware, the cockpit bootloader.bin file was downloaded through j-link.

It is connected to the port, but after the picture below appears, the cockpit cannot be used.

0 Kudos

hangyoKim
Contributor I

Downloaded 'BootLoader_And_Nfcrdlib_SimplifiedAPI_EMVCo_Secondary.bin' and it was resolved. Thank you for your reply so far.

0 Kudos