PN7462 watchdog timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462 watchdog timer

pratikyadav
Contributor II

Hello @Kan_Li, I want to use a watchdog timer. I am unable to find standard examples regarding the initialization and handling of the watchdog timer. I have referred user manual as "https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10913.pdf". According to it, I have start watchdog using phhalWdt_Start() API. and register a callback in which I am turning on GPIO to check callback is triggered or not.

void test_wdtg_callback()

{

PH_HAL_GPIO_SETGPIOVAL( 5 , true);

}

void wdt_test()
{
    phhalWdt_DeInit();

uint16_t timeout = 1023;
    uint16_t timeout_threshold = 1023/2;
    uint8_t bResetOnTimeOut = 0;
    phhalWdt_Start(timeout,timeout_threshold,test_wdtg,bResetOnTimeOut);
   phhalWdt_Refresh();
}

But When my firmware executes wdt_test() API board is getting a reboot after ~22 seconds but with reboot reason 0x0a (software reset). Also, I am not able to get interrupt as well.

Can you please help and let me know if I am doing anything wrong or missing anything?

Also, it will be good to provide a reference code to configure and reload watchdog.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @pratikyadav ,

The NMI interrupt is used for WDT, but did you enable it explicitly ? Please kindly refer to phhalNvic.h for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

pratikyadav
Contributor II

Thanks, @Kan_Li  for your response.

I have not enabled NMI.

I have tried to enable NMI using "phHal_Nvic_EnableInterrupt(PHHAL_NVIC_NMI)", But as PHHAL_NVIC_NMI is not defined, I am getting a compilation error. Is there another way by which I can enable NMI interrupt?

Another issue which I am facing is that I am getting reboot reason software reboot instead of watchdog reboot. Can you please guide me regarding this?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @pratikyadav ,

Sorry , my fault. The NMI interrupt is enabled by default, so no need to define PHHAL_NVIC_NMI , but after reviewing your code, I found two issues:

1. You defined test_wdtg_callback(), but it is not used for phhalWdt_Start(), test_wdtg is used instead. How is it implemented? maybe it leads to a SW reset.

2. phhalWdt_Refresh() is not needed after phhalWdt_Start() in which phhalWdt_Refresh() is called.

The following is the code tested on my side:

void test_wdtg_callback()

{

DEBUG_PRINTF("\n WDT interrupt! \n");//PH_HAL_GPIO_SETGPIOVAL( 5 , true);

}
void wdt_test()
{
phhalWdt_DeInit();

uint16_t timeout = 1023;
uint16_t timeout_threshold = 1023/2;
uint8_t bResetOnTimeOut = 0;
phhalWdt_Start(timeout,timeout_threshold,test_wdtg_callback,bResetOnTimeOut);

}

and the result is shown as below:

WDT testing result.png

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos