cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462 HSUART ve USB use at different times

kralsemo06
Contributor I

hi,

We are developing a hardware for the PN7462.We want to use usb and HSuart at different times on the device. Can we deactivate the USB and use the hsuart? We don't know how to make this change in sample software. If possible, can you explain in detail? Is this possible in APIs given PN7462.

kralsemo06_0-1637331286712.png

Best regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kralsemo06
Contributor I

Hello, we are already using USB port for communicating with PC through CCID protocol. Therefore
in 'APP_NxpBuild.h' header file we use '#define NXPBUILD__PHHAL_USB'.

To use HSU '#define NXPBUILD__PHHAL_HIF' should also be added to 'APP_NxpBuild.h' header file.

When we try to use both defines compiler gives us an error : 'HIF and USB can not be combined.'

What should be done to use both of 'NXPBUILD__PHHAL_HIF' and 'NXPBUILD__PHHAL_USB'? We also want to dynamically switch between the two.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This has to do with the fact that both definitions contain shared pins, please make the respective change to the definitions, but mind that you may have to implement a data management function because you will prescind from RTS and CTS from HSUART.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Yes it is possible to do it, but you will have to keep in mind that some of the pins are shared, so for the HSUART, you will only be able to use RX and TX and, in the case of USB D+ and D- (Check pin description). This could limit your application performance for data transfer but it is possible.

In the API please check the pnExDoorAccess from the Reader Library where is used the HSU for printing in the console, this may help you as a start point.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos