cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462 CCID CT&CL Operation

dwdwsd2124
Contributor II

Hello.

PN7462AU-FW_v07.08.02_PHExCcid card reader is working as an evaluation kit using the full firmware file as an example. For contactless and contactless card detection.

When both cards are present at the same time, you must perform actions on both cards. But yes, only one card is fired powerfully by the user.

For example, the card reader has a contact card and a contactless card at the same time. If the user needs to perform commands on the contact card, the contact card must also be received on the contact card (ISO-14443 Type A for non-contact cards, SAM CARD for contact cards).

I wonder if it can be implemented when implementing the above functions.
I wonder if the PN7462 memory shortage problem will occur if it can be implemented.

Simply implemented from one interface to two
When the size of USBHAL_CCID_MEM_SIZE was modified from 0x100 to 0x200, it doesn't seem to work properly. Other memory sizes cannot be reduced. It does not operate normally in debug mode, but only in release mode

I wonder if I can get relevant support in this regard.

Looking forward for the supports.

Best Regards,

Labels (1)
  • RF

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.
I appreciate your interest in our products.
We don't have a specific guideline for implementing both examples into one. The CL and CT interfaces belong to different modules and, I'm sure that their optimization requires to implementation of some low-level functions for optimizing the memory but it can be done.
I'm just not sure about what you mean with SAM Card. Are you interested in using SAM?

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

dwdwsd2124
Contributor II

Hello Fabian.
The SAM card means the card you insert into the CT. Are there no specific documents or instructions regarding the PN7462 CCID CT&CL Operation simultaneous operation function?
Having up to two Smart Card Reader interfaces appear in Device Manager was successful, but I am at a loss as to how to proceed in the next part. As I said above, if you modify USBHAL_CCID_MEM_SIZE to 200, it will not operate normally I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to proceed in this regard. I really want to implement CL & CT simultaneous operation
Please reply. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,
SAM card is a Secure Access Module. This means that is a Chip that adds protection to your solution. The contact interface that comes with the PN7462 makes it able to read the smart cards, as you mentioned, our example does detect and read cards but, the implementation of a simultaneous reading isn't something we provide.
USBHAL_CCID_MEM_SIZE is a macro for being able to manage a larger size of memory but, is important to first develop the possibility of the M0 chip of the PN7462 to interface simultaneously with CT and CL. The USB management at this moment isn't the issue.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos