cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7150 with arduino

Jose555
Contributor I

Good Morning.

We are doing a little design to detect TAG based on Arduino.

I think I have correctly copied the protoboard design, but I have tested and arduino does not detect the PN7150 by I2C.

I have doubts with the PVDD output. Does it have to be connected with VBAT ?, or is PVDD only used to select the I2C port with a resistor in I2CARDx? I have doubts about the connection that appears in the PIN: VBAT and PVDD in parallel

In I2C is a pull-up resistor necessary? I don't see it in the protoboard design.

Attached your schematic, and the schema that I am using.

Thank you so much for everything.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jose555
Contributor I

Hello

At the moment compared our PCB, with your reference OM5578 / PN71505:

R2 is required

PVDD and VBAT need to be connected to 3.3V

only VBAT1 to 5V is not enough

With this connection our PCB seems to start working. I still haven't gotten it to communicate over I2C, but it's progress

Thank you so much for everything

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You are welcome.

Thanks for your updated information.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Your schematic seems there is no question. Please check if has the  pull-up in software due to there is not  pull-up in schematic.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos