Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5190 IRQ signal values

pyt351
Contributor I

Hi All,
Greetings

I am  trying to interface PN5190 NFC Reader with another host controller. I am using the discovery loop example provided by the library. I am having doubts in the configuration of IRQ and its uses. I have used the following configuration

IRQ pin at host controller - GPIO External Interrupt with rising edge detection and pull down configuration.

please confirm if this is correct.

Can someone in the community please clarify how this interrupt is triggered how the values are changed wrt irq pin. I am not having a clear idea in the values of irq pin when a command is being sent to the pn5190.

please clarify on this aspect.

Thanks for your support.

PSJ

0 Kudos
4 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi PSJ:

You can refer to  function phhalHw_Pn5190_WaitIrq() for more details. The function is waiting for the event E_PH_OSAL_EVT_RF, it should be posted by CLIF ISR once the interrupt line goes high to the CLIF HAL. The timeout value is 10s. 

danielchen_0-1681886771264.png

please also refer to the data sheet for IRQ pin.

danielchen_1-1681886898367.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

pyt351
Contributor I

Hi @danielchen 
Greetings

Thanks for your reply
Actually we are now able to detect for some types of RFID  tags and Bank Cards as shown in the figure

pyt351_0-1681996227498.png

The UID SAK and Type have been printed. But we have some issues.

1.This detection is happening only once, the discovery loop is running continously and from the second time onwards the discovery loop is not able to detect the technology type and going into stuck state.

2. We have an EMV Maestro test card with which we are not able to detect the cards on the discovery loop. While adding some print statements we are found that the function "wDiscloopStatus = phacDiscLoop_Sw_Int_PollMode(pDataParams); " returns the value 16523 while a card is detected and when this particular mentioned card is presented then value 16518 is returned. please refer to the print values observed.

pyt351_1-1681996625683.png

Kindly suggest solutions for this particular issues.
Thanks for your support
Philip

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  @pyt351 

The discovery loop should detect your cards if you remove the card from the RF field and then move back to it again.    The Ex1_DiscoveryLoop demo in the reader library can run very well.  I would suggest you refer to this demo.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

pyt351
Contributor I

Hi @danielchen 
Greetings

Thanks for your support
We are now able to run the discovery loop.
thanks and regards

0 Kudos